Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cake Batter Bites-OH MAN!!!

Before you read any further, I am giving you a fair warning that these cake batter bites are super addicting! To make matters worse (or better depending on how you look at it), they are small so you won't be able to stop yourself. There, you were warned.
When I bit into the first one to taste test, I immediately thought of being a kid. What kid (or adult) doesn't like cake batter or cookie dough???!! I remember when we were little and had just moved to Parker, Meg and I found a secret stash of cookie dough in the model home fridge that they would bake for potential buyers.  Every day, after school we would walk home and just so happen to stumble in for a little afternoon snack. I have no idea how we never got caught but that cookie dough was so worth the risk :) Even to this day, I always order cake batter ice cream if we go to Coldstone... guess I got addicted at an early age so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I HAD to try it. The great thing about this recipe is there are no eggs involved so you literally don't have to stop eating them haha! You can use whatever cake mix and topping you want so mine are a little different from the recipe.  Instead of Almond Bark, I used Ghiradelli Bittersweet Baking Chips for the melted topping and for the cake mix used Funfetti. I also did not put cake mix in the melted chocolate, this helped make a smoother topping for the cake bites. These would be great for a birthday party or you could even take the dough and place it in a pan for a legit 'cake batter cake!' Whoa, I might have to try that now! Here are some photos to show how they turned out :)






MMMM!!! I WANT ONE NOW!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment