Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Come get ya smoothies!

For awhile now I have been trying out all kinds of new smoothies and thought I would share my favorites. Banana smoothies have always been my go to. Before I started drinking coffee, I remember always getting just a plain banana smoothie for the Nordstrom E-bar back in the day.  From then on I was hooked! The great thing about smoothies is that you can really put anything in them and somehow they always taste good. It's fun to try and create different combos, although I typically stick to bananas as my main ingredient for fruit. Most of the smoothies I make (with the exception of some naughty borderline milkshakes), I usually pick 1 type of fruit, any kind of milk you want (I use Vanilla Almond Milk), ice, fun spices, and a bonus ingredient. Here are the ones I drink all the time.

Naughty Oreo Smoothie= Adult Heaven:
Ice (6-8 cubes)
1-2 Oreos
1/2 or 3/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Oats (optional)

Chocolate Chip Banana Smoothie:
1 Banana
2-3 Chocolate Chips
1/2 or 3/4 Cup Milk
Ice
1/4 Cup Oats
1 Chocolate Chip to shave for the topping :)

Cinnamon Banana Smoothie:
1 Banana
Ice
1/2 or 3/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Oats (optional)
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon or less depending on preference. You can either blend the cinnamon in or sprinkle on the top.

Peanut Butter Nutmeg Banana Smoothie:
1 Banana
1/4 Cup Oats
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
Ice
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Nutmeg (can blend in or put on top of the smoothie).
This is probably my favorite because I LLLOOOOVVVEEE peanut butter!! This one will also a good afternoon snack before a workout :)

Most of these are actually pretty decent for you as long as you stick the measurements and don't go crazy on the Oreos, Peanut Butter, or Milk :) Pass some along to me if you have any good smoothies you LOVE!

XOXO Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment