Monday, March 5, 2012

Wanna cookie?

I have come to realize that my sweet tooth is completely out of control...will I do anything about it? Absolutely not. I don't know where along the line that happened to me except that my earliest memories of eating ice cream were Meg and I coming home from school and my dad "letting" us have a bowl for our afternoon snack :) He of course had to have one too so it's not like we had to beg that much :) Wonder if mom knew about that??
This time I decided to go totally off the wall and make, drum roll please....a banana olive oil oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. OK, so it's not really that crazy, so shoot me. If you're looking for something that tastes JUST like banana bread with chocolate chips then this is the recipe for you! It was SUPER EASY and all in all pretty decent for you (for a cookie anyway). Click here for the digs. I opted to use more dry oats to make the cookie chewier and made sure to refrigerate my dough for 24 hours before baking (that's not in the recipe but makes for much prettier cookies in CO). Also, anytime I make cookies that involve chocolate chips, I always go for Ghiradelli Bittersweet Premium Baking Chips. These are much wider than normal chocolate chips and make the cookies plum full of chocolate. Feel free to use a whole 10 oz bag too, not just what they say. Nothing pisses me off more than a chocolate chip with NO chocolate...the more the better!! I think next time I will actually double it because it made 12 cookies which didn't last more than 5 days in our house :) Here are some photos to make you salivate :)





Now that you've seen these, you wanna cookie??? That's what I thought.
XOXO Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment