Monday, March 12, 2012

Scones, little buggers.

Lately, I have made quite a few desserts with chocolate so I decided I would attempt something very scary in my mind....scones. I'm not sure why they seemed so intimidating, maybe it's because they are so proper and I need a bloody accent to make them....clearly I have neither of those :). They weren't too difficult to make but mine didn't turn out as pretty as the ones you see in bakery that's for sure! If you're looking for less of a sugar rush, these are a good change of pace from really sweet desserts and can always be eaten with tea or coffee. If you would like to try making your own, click here and knock yourself out! I did opt out of the lemon portion of the recipe since I'm not a huge fan of lemon in desserts, but whatever floats your boat :) Also, homemade whipped cream is a must! Unfortunately, since I used all of my heavy whipping cream to make the scones (literally to the last drop), I had to use store bought. Good thing I made some the next day; store bought just doesn't do it justice! Here is how they turned out...




Cheerio Dahhhling!
XOXO Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment