Thursday, May 3, 2012

Get Your TWIX FIX!

It's true, sweets are totally my weakness. I have always had a sweet tooth and when it comes to chocolate, I can't resist! I came across a recipe for homemade Twix Bars and immediately my mouth began to water. I had to try them but also knew that I would probably be sorry for making them because I would instantly be addicted.
The recipe calls for either milk or dark chocolate for the topping. I always lean more towards a dark or bittersweet chocolate since it has a bit more flavor to me, but if you're a milk choco-holic then use that. I also ended up adding a dusting of sea salt to the melted chocolate before letting it harden in the fridge.  The salt really brings out the sweetness of the chocolate and makes the bars OH SO YUMMY!!! I'm literally sitting her drooling; NEED SELF CONTROL NOW! John and I are officially obsessed with these little nuggets of gold. If you don't like them then I'm sorry, but something is really wrong with you :)

Soooo gooooeeeyyyyyy

Shortbread layer, ready for the caramel!



Chocolate layer with the sea salt

Perfection for your taste-buds ladies and gents!



That self control may not last much longer ;)
XOXO Allie

For the Twix Bar Recipe, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment