Monday, February 20, 2012

Problems of a Chocoholic.

One thing that I love more than anything is chocolate; ok maybe not as much as my sister who came out of the womb a chocoholic but I can do my fair share of damage. Chocolate desserts can be some of the easiest, quickest and yummiest desserts to make for any occasion and what better to put it on than fruit you have in your fridge that needs to get eaten??!
When it comes to choosing the best chocolate, there is no competition. Milk chocolate move over, Bittersweet or Semi-Sweet Ghirardelli is where it's at. I personally like the Bittersweet since it has more flavor but either one tastes great. I grabbed a box of strawberries from the fridge, cleaned them, and made sure they were completely dry.  Meanwhile, melted the chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals at 50% power. Make sure to follow the directions with the chocolate otherwise you can very easily burn it and if you do, I will come to your kitchen and personally slap you in the face for wasting such good chocolate...ok not really but you get the point. After the strawberries were dipped and in the fridge to cool, I still had remaining chocolate left...what to do, what to do?? I remembered I had made this awesome (so simple) recipe from Pinterest with bananas and peanut butter, pretty much the best combo in the world! So I grabbed a couple bananas that needed to be eaten, lathered some peanut butter on and coated them in delicious chocolate, then popped them in the freezer :) Ahhhh, my world was complete. Voila, the easiest dessert and snack you can make for any occasion or if you're like me just to have in your fridge for a chocolate surge :)





XOXO Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment