Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home Sweet Home.

I am so glad to be back home this weekend after traveling this week for work.  I was only gone a few days but it is such a whirlwind, not to mention totally messes with my routine.  It's funny to think that of all the places in the world, there is only one that you call home and love.
Trying new recipes has been something I have liked to do since getting married. Before that, I LOATHED cooking.  It was so bad that I even burnt Top Ramen noodles in the microwave TWICE because I forgot to add water...yup that bad.  Last Monday, before I left for Houston I had been meaning to make an Almond Poppy-seed Bread recipe that I was so excited to try out. Of course I got it off Pinterest and if you would like to try it out (which I highly recommend) you can click here.  I bought all the ingredients a couple weeks ago so it was at that point to either shit or get off the pot, so I decided to go for it! It was the first time I had ever attempted to make any kind of bread before so I was a little nervous. Surprisingly, it was such an easy recipe and the best part was that it was DELICIOUS!!!  I even tried the batter before scooping it into the bread pans and OMG, I found myself licking the whole bowl afterwards!! I probably could have just eaten the batter it was that good! Needless to say the bread was a HUGE hit especially since it hasn't even been a week since I made the two loaves and we only have a quarter of one left....clearly John had a hay day when I was gone :) It's probably a good thing I was gone, otherwise we would have fought over it!




On another note, today is my Mom's birthday!! Our family is so lucky to have a great person like her to hold us all together :) We love you Mom and hope your day is as awesome as you!!!


XOXO Allie

1 comment:

  1. um, that looks delicious! thanks for sharing! I'm so making it soon :)

    ReplyDelete