Friday, June 29, 2012

That's crafty!

Summer is by far the best time of the year, minus all the fires we are having in here in Colorado. It's our favorite time where we can sit out on our front porch and enjoy our awesome mountain view while obviously sipping on adult beverages ;)
This year, for some reason I've been a little behind in getting my flowers and outdoor decorating coordinated, which I guess has been a good thing considering the huge hail storm we got a couple weeks ago. I always love the added color and character that flowers and accessories give our house this time of year. When we bought our patio set, I knew I wanted to incorporate some fun pillows and pots, but I wasn't exactly sure what to do for my front door.  With Christmas gone, my door has been naked and needing some love. I saw a fun idea on Pinterest a few weeks back and decided to make a 'Lettered Wreath.' With all my paint supplies from college, I knew it would be something quick and cheap I could do to spruce it up. I made a quick trip to Micheal's and picked up some ribbon and a 'W' wood initial which only cost me a total of $9 :)
I love chevron so I started taping the pattern onto the front of my letter. Using colors I have in my outdoor pillows, I started to paint away! The whole thing took me close to 2 hours to complete, with drying time involved. I love how it turned out and it definitely adds a lot to our door. Now, if I could just get it together with the flowers!!!


My fun pillows which were my inspiration for my door :) 

 Tape is ready to be peeled

 Peeeelllllll!!
How fun is that?! I love the bronze metallic paint to give it some shimmer :)

Add some snazzzyy ribbon and you got yourself a front door masterpiece!


XOXO Allie

1 comment:

  1. Cute! We have like zero curb appeal so I'm always looking for fun and cheap ways to spruce things up :)

    ReplyDelete