Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dessert Nachos :)

While on Pinterest the other day, I came across a recipe that reminded me of one of our family friend's Mexican restaurants here in town. On The Brewery Bar's menu, they have what is called 'Dessert Nachos.' This is one of my all-time guilty pleasure desserts mainly because it combines all the sweets that I love! Looking at the recipe got me drooling and CRAVING these nachos instantly. Basically, they are cut up fried tortillas topped with anything that is unhealthy for you :) I get them every time we go....it's a must!!
Instead of frying, I cut my tortilla into individual chips and covered them with melted butter. From there, added a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and baked them for about 12 minutes. Once they're out of the oven I like to put my toppings on right away. Ice Cream is always a given, that way it gets melty and yummy :) Then from there I topped it off with chocolate syrup, strawberries and whipped cream. I've also had them with caramel sauce which is tasty as well. Next time, I want to try ice cream, sliced bananas, and caramel sauce :) You have to try these, I promise you'll love 'em!

Look at all that whipped cream!

Hello, lover!





Yes, I am guilty for licking my fingers with this dessert...you won't want to waste any of it!

For more of a 'home made' recipe, click here

XOXO Allie




No comments:

Post a Comment