Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Spring Caesar Salad

I am obsessed with a new salad.  I saw this recipe about a month ago on Pinterest and have since made it three times! Normally, I am not a big caesar salad person but this is a nice change from the typical spinach salads I make and thought you all would enjoy it too. It's very easy to make, and is a great dish if you need to serve it to a large group for dinners or parties. Honestly, you can have it as a side dish or even as the main dish since the pasta and chicken add a lot of substance to it.

I modified the recipe a bit. Instead of buying 2 bunches of green leaf lettuce I bought 2 heads of lettuce which are much cheaper and gets you more. I usually eyeball how much I need but typically use about 1 1/2 heads for it. The croutons are also something you can swap out. If you're feeling more adventurous you can always make your own croutons. Use some bread that may be getting to it's expiration date, toss it in the oven with a little olive oil and salt and bake until golden brown....so yummy! Like the recipe, I also use 2 chicken breasts but don't boil them in water. I like mine more charred so you can either do that on the grill or on the stove top to get them a little more done. Definitely don't use any other kind of caesar dressing than the one she suggests which is Briannas....IT.IS.SO.GOOOODDDD!!! Here is how it all comes together (minus the croutons which I put on later so they don't get soggy).





Can't wait to make another batch!
XOXO Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment