Monday, April 16, 2012

Gone to the dark side!

I don't know about everyone else but it seems like there is ALWAYS a project going on at our house and typically it's John working on something. Today, he was measuring our duct work...I have learned to not question silly things like this anymore and go about my normal business :) With the weather being yucky this weekend, it was the perfect time for me to do my own project.....attempt to paint my dinning room ceiling. Sometimes, I just get these weird urges to do a project and this ended up being the lucky candidate.

I told John I was going to paint our ceiling dark, little did he know I was thinking almost black.  He was fine with it and didn't have much of an opinion other than that he didn't want to get roped into it. The funny thing is that he ended up painting a good amount of it for me! He kept saying he didn't want me to stand on the dinning room table (as if I was really going to break it) so he intervened and painted the areas I couldn't reach :) I have to say, I definitely lucked out in the 'Mr. Fix It' husband lottery!! I'm usually the one that has the vision and he's the poor guy that gets to make it happen. He really can fix or do anything which is GREAT for me and probably super annoying for him.

The ceiling ended up turning out awesome! I let John know the next thing I want to do in there is install some crown molding and he said, "Ok, well don't expect that to happen any time soon!" I pretty much knew that was coming since I'm still waiting for him to do our kitchen backslash after almost 2 years!! I'm putting bets on the crown molding coming to fruition in 2015, but until then at least the ceiling is nice :)




XOXO Allie

2 comments: